HP Ultrium 1840 LTO4 Array Module 452975-001
Setting new standards for capacity, performance and security, the HP StorageWorks Ultrium 1840 Tape Drive can store up to 1.6TB per cartridge while providing hardware-based data encryption to enable greater levels of security and unprecedented performance.
- 1.6TB compressed capacity
- 120MB/sec native data transfer rate
- AES 256 bit hardware data encryption
- R/W compatibility w/LTO3 media (LTO2 read-only)
HP StorageWorks LTO-4 Ultrium 1840 Tape Drive represents HP’s fourth-generation of LTO tape drive technology positioned as HP’s first tape drive capable of storing up to 1.6 TB per cartridge while providing hardware-based encryption to enable greater levels of security and unprecedented performance.
Data hardware encryption using AES 256-bit provides easy-to-enable security to protect the most sensitive data and prevent unauthorized access of tape cartridges. By using LTO-4 Ultrium 1840 encryption, not only is data fully capable of being compressed therefore maximizing capacity, encrypted backups are completed without a loss in performance.
Capable of data transfer rates up to 240 MB/sec, HP’s exclusive Data Rate Matching feature further optimizes performance by matching host system speed to keep drives streaming and enabling the fastest tape performance in the industry.
The Ultrium 1840 provides investment protection with full read and write support with LTO-3 media, and the ability to read LTO-2 cartridge. By doubling the capacity of previous generation Ultrium drives, HP customers now require fewer data cartridges to meet their storage needs, significantly reducing IT costs and increasing ROI.
Support for Write-Once, Read-Many (WORM) media allows customers to implement a cost-effective solution to secure, manage, and archive data to meet stringent compliance regulations.
The LTO-4 Ultrium 1840 Tape Drive provides both U320 SCSI and 3Gbps SAS interfaces and supports the industry’s most comprehensive list of compatible hardware and software platforms.
Each drive option includes HP Data Protector Express Software Single Server Edition backup/recovery software and the HP Data Protector Express Software Bare Metal Disaster Recovery option, as well as support for HP One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) and HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools (L&TT).
- Up to 1.6 TB capacity per cartridge
- The LTO-4 Ultrium 1840 Tape Drive provides up to 1.6TB of compressed capacity on a single cartridge.
- Hardware data encryption of tape device Enables full performance and compressibility of data. Provides highest level of security with compression for strong backup data privacy to secure confidential information and address compliance quickly and with fewer cartridges.
- Up to 240 MB/s data transfer rate Enables even the tightest backup window to be met with unprecedented performance.
- Data rate matching (DRM) Allows the tape drive to dynamically and continuously adjust the speed of the drive, from 40MB/s to 120MB/s (native), to keep drives streaming and maximize performance and reduce start/stops to significantly increase reliability of HP drives and media.
- Server compatibility SCSI and SAS models qualified on HP and non-HP: including popular platforms from vendors such as Dell, IBM, and Sun.
- Software compatibility Extensive list of supported backup and archiving software applications from HP, CA, VERITAS, Legato, Tivoli, and many more.
- Support for WORM media Allows for unalterable backups using Write-Once Read-Many (WORM) media to meet compliance regulations such as HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC 17A-4.
- Enterprise-class reliability Design leveraged from previous HP LTO tape drives to deliver confident backups at high duty cycles
- Backup software included Ships with single server edition of HP Data Protector Express Software which includes support for hardware data encryption.
- One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) Supported Allows users to quickly restore an entire system using a single tape cartridge significantly reducing the cost and recovery time often resulting from a disaster – to keep any business up and running.
Detailed Product features
|Compressed (assumes 2:1 data compression)||1.6TB|
|Performance||Native data transfer rate||
|Data transfer rate, compressed (assumes 2:1 data compression)||
|Burst transfer rate||320 MB/s (Ultra320 SCSI)|
|Data rate matching range||40 – 120 MB/s|
|Data access time (from BOT)||
|Rewind time from EOT||
|Rewind tape speed||7 m/s for (LTO-3 and LTO-2 media)|
|Average load time||< 19 s (Rewriteable), 22 s (WORM-initialized)|
|Average unload time||< 19 s (Rewriteable), 22 s (WORM-initialized)|
|WORM media support||LTO-4 media|
|Reliability||MTBF||250,000 hrs at 100% duty cycle|
|Rewriteable (RW) media compatibility||Read||
|WORM media compatibility||Read||
|Interface||Interface type||Ultra320 SCSI (LVDS)|